Project Management Tips And Tricks
Project Management Tips And Tricks For When You’re Out Of Ideas
- Manage the project team, not the project plan!
- Ensure the project plan is to the point.
- Have emergency plans for probable emergency situations.
- Document everything that is project related.
- Phone calls are far superior to emails.
- Manage your project by the 80/20 rule.
- Always do follow ups.
- Update your work plan on the go.
- Write down the project details clearly.
- Take full control of the project scope.
- Get commitments from all stakeholders.
- Manage project risks.
- Retain your project records.
So, Let’s See A Few Project Management Tips And Tricks From A Pro:
- You bit a creative block and can’t advance the creative effort any further –even if the calendar says it isn’t done yet.
- The strategic direction for the project from management has changed to a new path.
- Your support team has mentally quit on you and/or the effort.
- Your options in continuing to work on the project are worse than your options from stopping work.
- A stakeholder tells you he/she is happy with its completion and outcome.
- Everybody has gone home – physically, mentally, or virtually.
- You have run out of time to complete it and can’t negotiate for any more time.
- Others view the effort as a success, even if you don’t quite yet.
Most project managers build up tiny project management tips and tricks here and there with the purpose to help them standing out in their everyday jobs.
Recommendation: check discussions forums in regards to diverse methods and techniques used by professionals!
Do you have any project management tips and tricks in your arsenal?
Levente Szfarli - Web Project Manager, Online Marketing Consultant, Social Marketing Strategist and eCommerce Tactical Expert in a wide variety of online business applications.
Tags:project management tips and tricks